Join us as we discuss wigs, braids, twists and all manner of protective styles.
Joycelyn and Rachael discussed:
- The dangers of using wig glue
- How to keep your edges intact whilst using wigs as a protective style
- How to look after your hair under your wig
- How to maintain braids whilst wearing them as a protective style
- How to sleep with your hair to make sure it's looked after
The main takeaways from our Wigs & Protective Styling webinar were:
- Keep your hair clean by washing it every 7-10 days.
- Don't make the cane rows or flat twists you wear under your wig too tight. This will protect your edges in the long run.
- Don't wear braids all year round as the tension is not optimal. As Joycelyn always says - 'you should never sacrifice your hair for a hair style'.
- Keep your hair clean and moisturised during the protective style. Spray your cane rows or braids with Sheen and oil it with either Seal or Soothe.
- Stay away from wig glue, opt for safer surgical grade silicone instead. Be sure to take your wig down nightly.
Relevant Wigs & Protective Style Blog Posts & Videos:
Back to Events