Afrocenchix Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Therefore, it is important for you to understand what information we collect about you during your visit and what we do with that information.
This policy is effective from the 30th of March 2013. Afrocenchix Ltd may revise this policy so please check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes made.
By continuing your visit to afrocenchix.com, you are accepting the terms described in this Privacy Notice and that any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Conditions of Use, including limitations on damages, arbitration of disputes, and application of the law of England and Wales.
If you have any concerns please contact us so we can resolve them. Happy browsing!
What personal information do you gather?
1. The information we learn from customers helps us personalise and continually improve your shopping experience with Afrocenchix Ltd. We gain this information through three main channels:
a. Information You Provide: We do not collect Personal Information about you, except when you provide it to us. If you would prefer we do not collect any Personal Information from you, please do not provide us with any such information.
We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but this may limit your ability to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, fulfilling orders, customising future shopping for you, improving our store features, and communication with you.
b. Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with our Website. For example, like many web sites, we sometimes use “cookies,” and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses our Website.
c. E-mail Communications: To improve service your shopping experience, we ask that you opt in so we can occasionally send you newsletters featuring our events, news, offers and products, notifications of changes to our policies, and order confirmations through a 3rd party.
If at any time, you do not want to receive e-mails from us, other than order notifications and receipts, please adjust your “Subscription” preferences by logging into your account or email firstname.lastname@example.org or click the unsubscribe link on the email.
What do you use my information for?
2. We strive to provide you with excellent natural haircare products, events and services designed to meet your needs. In order to provide you with this level of service, we may use your personal information in the manner described below:
a. Communications to Serve You
If you have elected to provide us with your contact information, e.g., by registering at the Afrocenchix Ltd Site, emailing our Customer Service department or placing an order, we may provide you with service related announcements concerning the Afrocenchix Ltd Site or contact you regarding your customer service requests or your order. We may also contact you to respond to product questions or concerns that you may express. These types of communications are necessary to serve you, respond to your concerns and to provide the high level of customer service that we offer our customers.
b. Opt-In Communications
If you opt-in during the Afrocenchix Ltd Site registration process or at other times when you submit personally identifiable information, the information you provide may be used to create and deliver to you our newsletters, surveys or other communications containing product and event information, haircare and cosmetics tips or promotions (“Opt-In Communications”). For example, we may look at what you have previously ordered in an attempt to tell you about promotions that will be of particular interest to you. We will also assume that you have indicated your consent to opt-in if you have given us your details when placing an order without opting-out by un-ticking the consent boxes. If you prefer not to receive such Opt-In Communications, please do not opt-in to receive these communications or, if you are giving us your details when placing an order, please opt-out when given the opportunity to do so (see 1. c)
3. We may use the information you provide in aggregate (non-personally identifiable) form for internal business purposes, such as generating statistics and developing products and marketing plans. We may collect, store or accumulate certain non-personally identifiable information concerning your use of the Site, such as information regarding which of our pages are most popular. We may share or transfer non-personally identifiable information with or to our affiliates, licensees and partners.
What about cookies?
4. Cookies, IP Addresses, Pixel Tags & Tracking Technology
A cookie is a piece of data that enables us to track and target your preferences. We may place a “cookie” on your computer’s hard drive so we can recognise you as a return user and personalise your experience and your use of our Afrocenchix Ltd Site. The cookie will be stored on your computer’s hard drive until you remove it.
We may also use temporary or “session” cookies to help you shop.
These cookies will expire when you place an order. You can have your browser notify you of, or automatically reject, cookies. If you reject our cookies, you may still use the Afrocenchix Ltd Site, but you may be limited in the use of some of the features.
We may also use IP addresses to analyse trends, administer the Afrocenchix Ltd Site, track traffic patterns, and gather demographic information for aggregate use, as well as in combination with your personally identifiable information for credit fraud protection and risk reduction. When you visit this Afrocenchix Ltd Site or view one of our emails, we may use pixel tags (also called “clear” gifs), tracking links and/or similar technology to note some of the pages you visit on our Afrocenchix Ltd Site and personalise your experience.
We may also use pixel tags to determine what types of email your browser supports. We may use the information collected through pixel tags, tracking links and similar technology in combination with your personally identifiable information. We are continuously working to make your experience on our Afrocenchix Ltd Site better.
As we use Google Analytics, to assist us in better understanding your use of our Afrocenchix Ltd. Google may place cookies on your computer to collect information on our behalf that will show us how you come to, use and navigate our site.
Web browser cookie modification:
If you wish to restrict or block web browser cookies which are set on your device then you can do this through your browser settings; the Help function within your browser should tell you how. Alternatively, you may wish to visit www.aboutcookies.org, which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of desktop browsers.
Do you share the information you receive?
5. We respect your privacy and appreciate your business. At no time do we ever provide your account contact or payment information to any third party vendor, associate or service provider unless absolutely necessary in order to complete your transaction and order. However, we may share or transfer Personal Information and non-personally identifiable information with or to our affiliates, licensees, stockists and partners in order to:
- Enhance this Website
- Make our products more available
- Assist in the development and design of similar sites run by our affiliates and partners, and
- Enable them to undertake marketing activities on our behalf.
6. We will not provide your personally identifiable information to third parties for their use in marketing their products or services.
7. Disclosure of Personally Identifiable Information
a. Fraud Protection and Compliance with Law
We may disclose any information, including personally identifiable information, we deem necessary, in our sole discretion, to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request. We may also exchange information, including personally identifiable information, with other companies and organisations for credit fraud protection and risk reduction.
b. Service Providers
c. Special Events
If you elect to participate in any promotions, sweepstakes, surveys, questionnaires or other events during your visit to our Afrocenchix Ltd Site, the rules or terms and conditions for those events may indicate that your personally identifiable information will be shared with third parties. By choosing to participate and submitting your personally identifiable information with respect to such events, you consent to disclosure of your personally identifiable information to such third parties. This Site is not responsible for and disclaims all liability for any use of the information you choose to provide to such third parties.
How secure is information about me?
9. We implement various security measures in accordance with industry standards to protect the security of your personal information. Your personal information may be stored at facilities located across the world and not necessarily within the EU. See also Section 8. If you have any questions about security at the Afrocenchix Ltd Site, you can email us.
10. Your information is stored in a secure database, except credit and debit card information which is not stored anywhere within our database or sites. Payment is made using a third party merchant such as Pay Pal or Sage Pay and they are responsible for your details and use high security connections SSL. If you have any concerns or enquiries about your credit or debit card details then please contact the payment merchant.
Which information can I access?
11. We will take reasonable steps to create an accurate record of any personal information you have submitted through this Site. However, we do not assume responsibility for confirming the ongoing accuracy of your personal information. You are responsible for keeping your information on file with us up to date. You may review and change the personally identifiable information you provide to us at any time by emailing us at: email@example.com. If you are a registered user, you can also review, change or correct your personal information at any time by accessing “My Account” located at the top right hand corner of this page.
12. The information you provide to us will be managed by our Data Controller. You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to our Data Controller at Afrocenchix, Kemp House, 160 City Road Kemp House, 160 City Road, London, England, EC1V 2NX. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Conditions of use, notices and revisions
15. If you are under 18 years of age, you may browse our Site. However, you may not provide personal information to us. For example, you cannot register or make a purchase. This Site is not designed for minors and we do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from any person under 18 years of age. If you are under 18 years of age and have any questions or concerns about this Site, please seek guidance from a parent or responsible adult.